Saturday 4 February 2012

Big Carl and Pee Accidents (just a bit)



Oh Saturday nights...how I do love you and your wine coated serenity.  I'm all curled up beneath a furry blanket with a fantastic Big Carl style wineglass and Air Supply bellowing sweet nothings in the background.  (Don't judge, we all have our "private guilty pleasure playlist")  Also, I'm scarfing down ice cream like a fat kid who just got sprung from a "Healthy Lifestyle Summer Camp".  For your orgasmic listening pleasure, I'm giving you the gift....of Air Supply.  So that you may read this post while experiencing the giant fluffy mullet and high pitched lady voice that I just can't seem to place. 



*Sighs*
Leave me a comment with your most embarassing "guilty pleasure playlist song"..I'm sure we have some in common!!!

So I've been deep in thought about all of the mini awkward moments that occur on a daily basis. Those quick, spur of the moment instants that leave you flustered and throw off your "game" for the rest of the day.  They happen to all of us and today was one of those days where I could check off about 5 from the following list.  Please leave your mini awkward moments in the comment section, and I will feature them in my next blog!  I can't wait to hear your awkward stories, as they make me feel a bit more human. 

That Awkward Moment When: 

-You say "Have a nice weekend!!!"  to the plumber...on a Tuesday morning. 

-You are elbow deep in a bottle of wine when your husbands religious non drinking coworker stops in...you burp and slur your way to the bedroom. 

-The "Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite"  look-a-like hears the click of your camera phone and catches you sneaking his pic on the bus. 

-A car pulls up next to you while you are jamming out to an 80s power ballad.  *the slow fist pump and heart clutch because it's totally speaking to you*

-You sneeze and pee just a bit...at the gym...

-Your New Years play list accidentally featured "Air Supply"...and you forgot your bearings for just a moment and let our a terribly enthusiastic WHOOP!!!

-One of your students says (in front of another teacher) "I saw you this summer at the Beer Store!!!!"  *crickets*  Me "Nooo..you did not..crazy kids these days..."

-Your dog sniffs EVERY SINGLE mans crotch.  It loves crotches.  So much. 

-Your glasses fog up the moment you walk inside of a store.  You are awkward so you leave them on and stumble around making several people uncomfortable. 

-You laugh inappropriately (and loudly) at jiggly people on bikes....

-You buy your niece a new sippy cup......
<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
"How YOU doing Princess..."


Tonight's recipe is an AMAZING little concoction I found at My Baking Addiction. No Bake Nutella Cheesecake.  Seriously.  I always have a giant jar of Nutella on hand, because let's be honest, it's chocolate bread spread.  The prep time is only 15 minutes and it serves 4-6 of your closest most awkward friends!!!  Yay! Fast and easy!!! (Luckily I outgrew THAT nickname after highschool)

What you need:

Crust
-12 Oreo cookies, smooshed.  (This is always good for relieving tension after your mini awkward moments)
-3 Tbsp melted butter

Filling
-1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
-2/3 cup Nutella (taste a few spoonfuls first though, just to make sure it's still good...)
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract  (Yay!!  Just use your homemade vanilla from my first ever entry!)
-1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed

Garnish

You can get pretty creative with this:  Crushed hazelnuts, chocolate bits, sprinkles etc.  My personal suggestion would be to pour a bit of Baileys or Caramilk Liqueur over the top just before serving, just as a little extra perk.  Do it up!!!
1.  In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and butter.  Evenly divide this delicious mixture into your individual serving dishes and press them into the bottom. 

2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla (if you did make the homemade vanilla, go ahead and take a swig or two.)  Fold in the whipped cream until it's all blended up!!

3. Evenly distribute the filling into the dishes! (Spoon or if you are feeling creative, use an icing bag and make it pretty!!!) Cover your concoction with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.


4. Make it pretty with a garnish!!!


<><><><> <><><><> <><><><>
Photo from "My Baking Addiction"


Enjoy!!!  

Favourite Blog of the day:  The Awkward Blogger




Quote of the day from Demetri Martin:


"I like the beach. I like to get there really early before everyone else shows up and take like thirty bottles with notes in them and throw them into the water. Then I wait for everyone to come to the beach and when someone goes to pick up one of the bottles, I go up behind them because when they open it there’s a note saying ‘I’m standing right behind you.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment